CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen tweeted out a photo in December of a new “Purrbacca” T-shirt that fans could purchase for a good cause.
The shirt features the “Star Wars” character Chewbacca made into the Panthers logo.
The shirt, which is $25, was launched in conjunction with the much-anticipated release of the new “Star Wars” movie.
Other Panthers stars, including Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Ryan Kalil, Trai Turner and Mike Remmers can be seen wearing the shirts.
All proceeds from the shirts go toward The HEARTest Yard, a family service program through Levine Children’s Hospital.
The organization provides families of babies affected by congenital heart disease with multiple services, including in-home, private nursing care, physical therapy and speech therapy.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Virginia county closes schools over reaction to Arabic assignment
- Students storm out of meeting with apartment management
- Former deputy accused of misconduct with prostitute while on duty
- 12 Panthers top Pro Bowl fan voting
- Former football player removes halo months after breaking neck
- 'Operation Exodus' helps send soldiers home for the holidays