CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A historic landmark in west Charlotte is up for sale.
The Excelsior Club opened in the 1940s on Beatties Ford Road as an upscale gathering place for African-Americans and has hosted famous musicians and politicians over the years.
In the video at the top of this webpage, Channel 9's Ken Lemon learned neighbors are hopeful the new buyer will honor its legacy.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Auburn gymnast from Huntersville breaks both legs during floor routine
- Deputies investigating after young boy found dead inside Indian Trail home
- Man gunned down outside apartment is second east Charlotte homicide in 24 hours
- FORECAST: Afternoon brings threat of heavy downpours, hail
- South Carolina firefighter adopts puppy he rescued from under pile of rocks
© 2019 Cox Media Group.