MORGANTON, N.C. — Lottery luck has smiled on a Burke County man for the second time in seven years.
Donald Hildebran won $250,000 after buying four 20X The Cash scratch-off tickets at a convenience store in Morganton on Tuesday, the North Carolina Education Lottery said in a statement.
It wasn't the first time Hildebran has hit it big in the lottery. In 2013, he won $200,000 in the Extreme Cash game.
Hildebran, a retiree from Connelly Springs, told lottery officials he spent some of his first prize on a beach trip and plans to do the same with his new prize.
“I’m going fishing,” he told lottery officials. “I’m going to the beach!"
He claimed his prize on Wednesday, taking home $176,876 after taxes, according to the release.
The game launched the day Hildebran won. Five top prizes of $250,000 remain.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Couples left scrambling after Charlotte wedding venue closes unexpectedly
- GUILTY: Jury convicts man in 2017 slaying of beloved uptown newspaper deliveryman
- ‘I’m going fishing’: Morganton man wins big lottery prize for a second time
- FORECAST: Clear morning but more rain on the way to start workweek
- Uptown, NoDa eateries among those that didn’t make the grade in January
© 2020 Cox Media Group