A substitute teacher for Lancaster County schools has been arrested and charged with criminal solicitation of a minor.
Following an investigation, 24-year-old Jachreo Hinson, of Lancaster, was taken into custody Thursday.
According to Sheriff’s Office officials, Hinson was recently substituting at Lancaster High School when he and a 16-year-old female student in one of his classes began communicating by text and social media.
Hinson, who also operates a photography business, asked the student if she wanted him to take photographs of her.
The student reported that Hinson eventually made comments to her indicating that he wanted to engage in sexual activity with her.
At this time, it is not believed that Hinson and the student were together outside the school setting or that sexual activity occurred.
Sheriff Barry Faile said he applauds the student for immediately reporting the conversations, which had made her uncomfortable.
“This conduct was discovered early on, and action was taken that put an end to this matter before it could progress,” he said.
The felony charge can carry a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.
The investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FLORENCE UPDATES: Category 1 hurricane makes landfall near Wrightsville Beach
- 'We are coming to get you': Crews work to rescue residents from rising flood waters
- FLORENCE ARRIVES: Watch these must-see livestreams of the Carolina coast
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- One killed in crash on I-77, south of Carowinds in York County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.