Magnetic toys can be dangerous, even deadly, regulators say

Federal safety experts are warning people to stop using certain magnetic ball toys.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says Iraza 512 Piece Magnetic Stone 5mm Magnetic Ball Sets can be dangerous, or even deadly.

The agency says if you swallow high-powered magnets, they can attract to each other inside you. That can cause tears, blockages, or other problems.

Action 9′s Jason Stoogenke reported on the same issue with another brand back in 2017. In that case, a Ballantyne boy said he was looking at the magnets when one popped off and went down his throat.

He even shared his x-ray with Stoogenke, showing the ball lodged inside him.

(WATCH BELOW: Docs forced to surgically remove toy beads from girl who swallowed them)

Comments on this article