CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Troopers have arrested a man they said led them on a high-speed chase in south Charlotte overnight, which reached speeds of over 150 mph.
Only Channel 9 captured video of troopers arresting the driver, Christopher Johnson, after the pursuit ended in Pineville.
Troopers said they clocked the Audi Johnson was driving going more than 130 mph on Interstate 77, near Woodlawn Road, around 3 a.m.
Authorities told Channel 9 that Johnson wouldn't stop, and continued onto Interstate 485, where the chase reached speeds of 155 mph.
The pursuit ended near the Outback steakhouse on Pineville-Matthews Road and troopers quickly took Johnson into custody.
Two other people were also in the Audi but were not arrested.
Johnson faces numerous charges, including DWI, felony fleeing and elude and speeding 155 mph in a 75 mph zone.
Read more trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman says 'lesbianism' listed as problem in medical history
- Troopers: Man arrested after 155 mph chase through south Charlotte
- Truck spills thousands of metal drum lids on I-85 in Charlotte
- Steph Curry honored by high school, college in return to Charlotte
- Plea offer made to Salisbury man who fired shots inside DC pizzeria
Cox Media Group