LOWELL, N.C. — A man accused of pistol-whipping a clerk and pointing a gun at a 4-year-old boy during a violent robbery is behind bars.
Lowell police said Deone Brice is the man seen in a jaw-dropping surveillance video at the Lowell Mini Mart on McAdenville Road
In the surveillance video, the suspect is seen putting the clerk’s son in a chokehold and pointing the gun at the clerk while the clerk’s 4-year-old grandson watched.
The clerk told Channel 9 last week that the robber at one point aimed the gun at her grandson and threatened to kill him.
Officers said Brice, who is a registered sex offender, was already in jail for violating the rules of his probation by picking up an elementary school student from their bus stop weeks before the robbery.
A judge gave Brice a $500,000 bond for the new charges against him.
Police this week also arrested Dustin Bingham who they said was the getaway driver.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Davidson County deputy accused of robbing Rowan County bank
- Woman found holding her eyeball outside South Carolina church
- New report claims Charlotte area among nation's top flu hot spots
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Firefighter couple on leave after allegedly chopping child's hair off as punishment
Cox Media Group