CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man who had stopped to help a woman fix her blown tire Sunday morning on Interstate 485, was struck by a van and killed, highway patrol said.
Alastair Tegui-in, 26, pulled over around 4 a.m. on I-485 near Rocky River Road.
Authorities said Tegui-in was standing in a travel lane near the woman’s car, when a van hit and killed him.
Channel 9 spoke to a manager at Label in north Charlotte who said Tegui-in was an employee there.
He also said Tegui-in was at the club for an event Saturday night and drove two of his coworkers home before he was struck and killed.
Troopers said the van driver, Christopher Leon, 25, cooperated and was clearly upset by what happened.
They said there is no indication that Leon was impaired, but they will wait for blood tests before deciding on charges.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed after car crashes into tree in Union Co., troopers say
- Florida scuba diver sucked into nuclear power plant pipe
- Officials identify Good Samaritan struck, killed by van
- Trump scheduled to visit North Carolina twice in a week
- Plane with NASCAR team makes emergency landing in Memphis
Cox Media Group