HILTON HEAD, S.C. — Chip Michalove, owner of Outcast Sport Fishing, told Channel 9 that he caught Chessie Wednesday about a half-mile off the beach on the island.
He posted pictures on his business' Facebook page.
Monster Tiger Shark @ChessieShark was caught again this morning almost exactly a year from when we orig tagged her pic.twitter.com/8wrYxwYbLt— Outcast Charters (@ChipHHI) May 26, 2016
Michalove said he caught Chessie last May and put a satellite tag on her.
He was fishing Wednesday with a group from Oklahoma when they caught the massive shark and he realized from the tag that it was the same fish.
He said it’s the largest tiger shark satellite ever tagged on the East Coast, and the first one he’s ever recaptured.
Michalove said he thinks the shark is pregnant because she is much wider than last year.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify man, woman found dead inside Gaston Co. home
- Volunteer firefighter killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Chester County
- Video of Ardrey Kell student's talent show water bottle flip goes viral
- Four men charged in Shelby shooting that injured 4-year-old girl
- Man survives vicious python attack while on toilet
Cox Media Group