HICKORY, N.C. - Mold was discovered this week in classrooms at Hickory Career & Arts Magnet High, and classes start Monday.
School district officials believe it was from the excessive rain that fell over the summer. The mold has been removed, but the district is waiting on an air-quality test before allowing staff and students to return.
Watch the video above to see how Eyewitness News reporter Dave Faherty learned how students won't miss any class time.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'He's with God': family members believe teen missing on Mountain Island Lake drowned
- North Carolina fifth grader punished for calling teacher 'ma'am'
- CMPD competes to become USA TODAY's law enforcement lip sync winner
- Shanann Watts, daughters captured in NC woman's photos days before deaths
- Officer won't face charges after police dog left in hot car for 6 hours dies
© 2019 Cox Media Group.