STANLY COUNTY, N.C. - A motorcyclist was killed Wednesday night near Stanfield in Stanly County, Highway Patrol troopers said.
A pickup truck was stopped on North Renee Ford Road waiting to turn onto David Lane when the motorcycle hit the truck from behind.
The motorcyclist failed to reduce speed before the collision, which happened just after 6 p.m., troopers said.
- Domestic violence suspect arrested after leading police on chase, CMPD says
- DISTRICT 9: Bishop holds onto GOP seat in do-over election
- Father gets 23 years in prison for beating his child to death in Rock Hill
- FORECAST: Another hot day for Charlotte region as heat index nears 100
- People remember learning of 9/11 tragedies with #WhereWereYou
© 2019 Cox Media Group.