CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A clerical error let a Charlotte teen accused of murder back out on the streets.
Sergio Coello-Perez is facing charges for the May death of Nicholas Boger. Coello-Perez was 16 years old at the time of the homicide.
Police said Boger was shot after confronting two suspects who were trying to steal his car.
In May, Coello-Perez appeared before a judge and was never granted bond, but he was able to be released with a written promise to appear yesterday due to the error.
He was apprehended and was back in jail late Friday afternoon.
(Jonathan Castillo, Sergio Coello-Perez)
Jonathan Castillo, who was 18, was also charged with murder.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 11-year-old charged with manslaughter in death of 14-year-old friend
- Murder suspect released from jail due to clerical error, documents say
- Denver man charged with 2nd-degree kidnapping of 13-year-old girl
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Evacuation recommended for some Catawba Co. residents due to high water levels
© 2019 Cox Media Group.