GREENSBORO, N.C. — An 11-year-old Greensboro boy was bitten by a copperhead at his birthday party.
Cameron Robbins, who is a Cub Scout, said when he was bitten he immediately ran to the bathroom to check it out, our news partner WGHP reported.
“I was running from my friend who had a water balloon and, I guess, a snake jumped and got me,” Cameron said.
Cameron said he should have called for an adult right away.
“It was already starting to swell and he was in severe pain,” his mother Jennifer Hyatt said.
Cameron was taken to the hospital where he didn’t need anti-venom.
But he has a message for other children who may find themselves in a similar situation.
“When you get bit by a snake, you go to an adult right away. You don’t go do what I did,” he said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
© 2020 Cox Media Group