CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police executed a search warrant to get surveillance video from the Apple Store at Northlake Mall, because they were victims of an elaborate fraud scheme using Apple's payment system, Apple Pay.
“I feel pretty confident in it,” Apple Pay user Brandon Zurowski said. “I've never had an issue using it.”
Forbes Magazine reported in March that millions are being lost to fraud through Apple Pay because banks have left loopholes in their credit card security.
In the video at the top of this webpage, Action 9 investigator Jason Stoogenke explains how you can protect yourself from this type of fraud.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- 'We will never forgive him': UNCC shooting suspect pleads guilty to killing 2, injuring 4
- Woman sentenced in fatal car crash in east Charlotte
- Woman found dead inside northwest Charlotte home identified; homicide investigation underway
- FORECAST: Sunshine and slight warmup in store for the weekend
- Show of support expected for cheerleading squad on probation for 'political message'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.