CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Water crews responded to two water main breaks just 100 yards away from each other on Park Road near the Park Road Shopping Center.
At least one outbound lane was closed for several hours Thursday, Charlotte Water said.
At 8:30 p.m., Charlotte Water tweeted that the outbound lanes on Park Road would be closed for the six hours. Lanes reopened early Friday morning.
Water was restored at about 10 p.m. Thursday.
Officials said the repair will likely include water outages in the surrounding area and some neighbors may notice lower than usual water pressure or no water pressure at all.
It’s not clear what caused the water mains to break.
Charlotte Water said customers may notice bubbly or discolored water. They should run the cold water faucet for up to 10 minutes to flush plumbing lines.
If conditions don’t improve, customers should call 311 or 704-336-7600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Playboy' founder Hugh Hefner dead at 91
- Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey: ‘We'll all be standing for the national anthem'
- Man shot, killed in Charlotte’s 67th murder; police hunt for shooter
- 27 years later, woman charged in fatal shooting by clown
- Polkton chief on cocaine-dealing suspects: ‘Cancer on this community'
- Channel 9 finds Matthews city leaders taking jabs at constituent
© 2018 Cox Media Group.