CHARLOTTE, N.C. - One person is seriously hurt after a semi-truck overturned on a busy ramp in north Charlotte early Tuesday morning.
The crash happened around 2 a.m. on the ramp from Interstate 85 south to Interstate 77 south.
The ramp remained closed while crews continued to clear the scene and removed the tractor-trailer.
Officials said one person was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be OK.
It is unclear how the crash happened, but it is a congested area and caused back-ups on the roads Tuesday morning.
- Continue on I-85 south to Exit 36 (Brookshire Boulevard)
- Turn left onto Brookshire Boulevard and continue for 1.7-miles
- Take Exit 5B to merge on to I-77 south
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 14 injured after school bus carrying NC high school volleyball team crashes
- Missing Lincolnton teens found safe over a thousand miles away from home
- Prosecutors: Woman, mother-in-law forced girls into prostitution to pay for husband's bail
- FORECAST: One more day of cooler weather before heat, humidity return
- Man found shot to death inside crashed car in northeast Charlotte, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.