CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Carolina Panthers fans flocked to the Bank of America Stadium Wednesday night for the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
There were music and performances to kick off the holiday season in uptown Charlotte.
Panthers players, the Topcats and Santa Claus were on hand to entertain the crowd.
Panthers mascot Sir Purr, and St. Nicholas teamed up to countdown the time for the 58-foot-tall-tree lighting.
“It’s a great way to bring in the Christmas spirit,” Brianna Cannon of Granite Falls said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- MUST SEE: House being moved winds up stuck on Iredell County road
- Massive 4-alarm fire rips through downtown Chesterfield businesses
- BUSTED: Police find $500K, guns, drugs after neighbors complain
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Riverwalk development on hold after underground asbestos landfill disturbed
Cox Media Group