BURKE COUNTY, N.C. — A man escaped without serious injury after he crashed into a tractor-trailer Tuesday afternoon near Rutherford College.
The driver, 22-year-old Forrest Rich, drove in front of the tractor-trailer and was pinned as his Crown Victoria was dragged almost 200 feet, according to Channel 9's partners at the Morganton News Herald.
Firefighters freed him with the Jaws of Life.
Rich was taken to the hospital for observation but was not seriously hurt.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man shot, killed outside Monroe motel, police say
- Mother, boyfriend accused of keeping children chained inside north Charlotte home
- State environmental officials approve release of USNWC water into Catawba River
- Leaked DNC email calls McCrory 'moronic little bigot of a tarheel governor'
- Man survives after tractor-trailer drags car almost 200 feet