GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — Police in Gaston County are working to figure out if several overnight business break-ins are connected.
Channel 9 crews spotted damage around 4 a.m. at The String Bean and Johnny B's Pizza. The businesses share a building next to each other on North Main Street in Belmont.
Someone busted out the glass windows and doors to both businesses. Crime scene technicians collected evidence and police spoke to the owners at the scene.
Police said another Belmont businesses was also hit, the Sake Express on Park Street.
Channel 9 learned two more businesses, Morgan's Dairy Bar and Calf-A and China Garden -- both on E. Dallas Highway in Stanley -- were also broken into.
Detectives are working to see if the crimes are connected. No arrests have been made.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after several Gaston County businesses broken into overnight
- CMPD: 3 arrested in connection to social media threat, gun at Olympic High
- Former corporate executive charged with making child porn at Lake Wylie home
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Mother of kidnapped teen pleads for daughter's return: 'I only want my princess back'
Cox Media Group