CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating after a man was shot and killed overnight in south Charlotte.
CMPD responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call Monday night at the Quiktrip on South Boulevard.
Upon arrival, officers said they found 21-year-old Juforest Hicks suffering from multiple gunshot wounds and rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead early Tuesday morning.
Officials said the initial investigation revealed the shooting happened just before 11 p.m. less than a mile away from the Quiktrip at an apartment complex on Axminster Court.
After the shooting, investigators said the victim was taken to the Quiktrip, where someone called 911.
Channel 9 learned no arrests have been made at this point, but investigators are processing the scene and collecting evidence.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit Detective. Detective Tisdale is the lead detective assigned to the case. The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Chemical linked to thyroid issues detected in water at Lake Norman High School, expert says
- Police identify gunshot victim who showed up at gas station after south Charlotte shooting
- Woman delivering for UPS shocked when homeowner points gun
- FORECAST: Dry, mild weather pattern continues
- Driver charged with DWI after 13 students injured when school bus overturns in Alexander Co
Cox Media Group