CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A portion of a busy south Charlotte road will be closed until the end of the month.
Officials said southbound Park Road will be completely closed between Archdale and Sunview drives for stormwater maintenance through Nov. 22.
The northbound side will be down to one lane starting at Sunview Road.
Drivers who spoke to Channel 9 said they hope the work wraps up quickly.
"It's backed up without the closure, but now it's even worse just this small closure they have," neighbor Fred Martin said. "Especially if you come down and look at it, I walk the dog around 8 in the morning. I mean it is backed up."
Watch the video above as Traffic Team 9's Mark Taylor explains the detour around the closure.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman reportedly sexually assaulted, choked, robbed on Charlotte greenway
- 'Tires squealing and boom': 2 hurt when Mustang slams into apartment
- 11-year-old NC boy hit by SUV during church trunk-or-treat event dies
- FORECAST: Frosty Monday morning before temps steadily climb
- 'Tragic accident': 3-year-old girl found after apparent drowning in Lake Wylie
© 2019 Cox Media Group.