CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Several cars were damaged after they hit a six-inch deep pothole on Interstate 85 North near Exit 36.
Driver James Postell’s car was damaged after hitting the pothole.
“As a Motor T operator In the Marine Corps, I drove about everywhere, on the sands of Iraq, Mount Fuji and everywhere in between, and I’ve hit some pretty big holes, and that was a pretty big hole,” Postell said.
To make a property damage claim with the DOT, click here.
In the video at the top of this webpage, the DOT addresses the road obstruction.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: Twin teenage boys killed in high-speed crash in Union County
- No arrests made after man shot, pulled from burning car in northeast Charlotte
- Police: 2 men caught raping woman at Myrtle Beach shopping center
- FORECAST: Schools closed, slick conditions in mountains; chilly temps in Metro
- Concord mayor pro tem resigns after September arrest in Folly Beach
© 2019 Cox Media Group.