CHARLOTTE, N.C. - President Donald Trump will campaign in Fayetteville for Republican congressional candidate Dan Bishop in his 9th District race against Dan McCready.
He tweeted, "Looking forward to soon being in North Carolina to hold a big rally for wonderful Dan Bishop, who is running for Congress. His opponent wants open borders, sanctuary cities, and socialism. He likes the "Squad" more than North Carolina. Dan has my full and complete endorsement."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 17-year-old charged in death of Mooresville student-athlete who fell off truck
- 'Fuming mad': Neighbors blindsided by prospect of new CMS high school
- Jury finds Lancaster woman guilty in 3-year-old girl's beating death
- FORECAST: Heat index close to 100 degrees ahead of storms, cold front
- NC Republicans unveil bill that would refund millions to taxpayers
© 2019 Cox Media Group.