CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Jim Noble is nearly ready to debut his next venture, billed as a 25-year vision for the longtime local restaurateur. Noble Smoke expects to have a soft opening sometime after July 4, with a grand opening targeted for July 25, according to PR firm The Plaid Penguin.
As CBJ reported last fall, that establishment will serve up wood-smoked meats — think pork, ribs, chicken and brisket that pull from both North Carolina and Texas traditions — and “thoughtful” sides. That means pan-fried corn, collard greens, smoked carrots, roasted veggies and, of course, mac and cheese.
The nearly 11,000-square-foot restaurant is at 2216 Freedom Drive, just west of uptown Charlotte, a part of town that’s recently seen an upswing in retail and commercial activity. Noble Smoke is neighbors with the Suffolk Punch Blendery as well as Bossy Beulah’s Chicken Shack, another Noble venture that’s still under construction and expected to open this fall.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte surpasses 2018 homicide total after woman stabbed to death
- Mom: United put North Carolina teen son on the wrong international flight
- Man hospitalized after shot by girlfriend's ex, Concord police say
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity rise as afternoon storm chances increase
- Police search for man accused of recording boys in public restrooms
© 2019 Cox Media Group.