CONCORD, N.C. - Neighbors have fought for months against the development of over 400 apartments and townhomes in Concord.
The planning commission voted it down in November and on Thursday, City Council voted the development down, denying the developers rezoning requests.
The development would have been at Poplar Tent and Harris Roads.
Neighbors said they were concerned about infrastructure and overcrowding at schools.
City Council had the final say in the proposed development.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pair arrested for squatting in Davidson home accused of squatting in Charlotte house
- Dirty dishes, roaches among more than a dozen violations reported at popular uptown restaurant
- 16-year-old charged in Huntersville head-on crash that killed woman, 2 dogs
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Friday forecast outlook
- 'It's what we prayed for': Jayme Closs' relatives relieved after Wisconsin teen found safe
© 2019 Cox Media Group.