LAKE WYLIE, S.C. - York County Water & Sewer repaired a broken water main Thursday in Lake Wylie. The boil water advisory remained in place Thursday night.
Crews cut off valves around noon after the break.
Officials said York County Water & Sewer customers who are north of Concord Road on SC 274 will be impacted by the service disruption and may see discolored water.
They’re advising people to vigorously boil their water for at least one minute before drinking or cooking with it.
Officials said tests will be conducted to determine if there’s bacteria in the water system. Those results are expected to come in on Friday.
Residents should continue boiling their water until otherwise notified by York County Water & Sewer or the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Woman, possibly homeless, stabbed to death in uptown Charlotte
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Rowan County 19-year-old
- 2nd masseuse at Huntersville spa charged with inappropriately touching client
- FORECAST: Humid conditions hold on ahead of weekend cold front, rain
- North Carolina woman jailed, accused of burning baby's feet
© 2019 Cox Media Group.