ROCK HILL, S.C. — Three teenage girls are shaken up but feeling fortunate to be alive after an overnight home invasion in Rock Hill on Tuesday.
Their mother told Channel 9’s Ken Lemon her daughters have been unable to sleep since the blood-chilling incident Tuesday, when they awoke to find masked men in their room. It happened less than 20 minutes after the mother left for work – the men pushing all three daughters into their mother’s bedroom and then ransacking the house, according to police.
>> Channel 9’s Ken Lemon talks to a certified counselor about the trauma the three teenage girls experienced. WATCH the video above as they discuss the girls’ road ahead.
They took money and other items, police said, but were unable to open the safe. That money, the mother told Channel 9, was set aside for this month's rent.
Police are still working to identify the men involved, but so far, no arrests have been made.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I want that to be his legacy': UNCC student who tackled gunman hailed as hero
- Man found shot to death in car outside north Charlotte bank
- Police identify man shot, killed at apartments near UNCC campus
- Two young men lost their lives at UNCC: Here's what we know about them
- FORECAST: Cloudy start before sunny skies return; rain on the way
Cox Media Group





