JONESBORO, Ga. - Police in suburban Atlanta say a South Carolina sheriff's deputy shot into a vehicle seven times while in the grips of road rage.
The Clayton County Sheriff's Office charges 35-year-old Johnnie Bryant of Bluffton, South Carolina, with aggravated assault and reckless conduct.
Sheriff Victor Hill says Bryant was on Interstate 75 Wednesday when he fired the shots. No one was injured.
Bryant remains jailed Thursday with no bail. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
He's a deputy in Hampton County, South Carolina. The Island Packet of Hilton Head reports Bryant was arrested in 2014 on charges he pointed his gun at neighbors and their dog. Two felony counts were dropped in 2015. Bryant sued the town of Bluffton and arresting officers in federal court. The suit was dismissed Friday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: 1 killed in crash on ramp from I-85 to I-485 in west Charlotte
- Myrtle Beach tourist snaps photos of sharks lurking feet from beachgoers
- Deputies looking for man accused of shooting, killing teen riding in car
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms could produce hail, small tornado threat
- Daughters find missing father's body in trash bag under SC home
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.