MURRELLS INLET, S.C. - Authorities confirmed human remains found in a trash bag under his house by his two daughters are a man who police said hasn't been seen for more than two years.
The Horry County Coroner's Office said Wednesday dental records were used to confirm Hubert Clodfelter's identity.
Clodfelter's wife, Irene, has been charged with obstructing justice, desecration of human remains and accessory after the fact of murder.
Hubert Clodfelter's daughters said at a bond hearing they saw and touched their father's body Friday inside a trash bag under his home.
Police said Irene Clodfelter said her son killed her husband. Authorities said he is also dead.
Irene Clodfelter's lawyer said they will fight the charges.
The daughters said Irene Clodfelter told them their father was traveling or running from the law.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: 1 killed in crash on ramp from I-85 to I-485 in west Charlotte
- Myrtle Beach tourist snaps photos of sharks lurking feet from beachgoers
- Deputies looking for man accused of shooting, killing teen riding in car
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms could produce hail, small tornado threat
- Daughters find missing father's body in trash bag under SC home
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.