CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Highway Patrol investigated a deadly crash Thursday morning on the northbound Interstate 85 ramp to the Interstate 485 outer loop in west Charlotte, near Sam Wilson Road.
Troopers said the driver of a tractor-trailer traveling in the right lane of I-85 stopped due to typical morning rush hour traffic, and 23-year-old Sarah Cabe, who was driving behind the truck, didn't slow down in time, causing her to run into the back of the truck.
Channel 9 crews could see the silver 2003 Toyota Camry up under the back of the trailer.
Officials said Cabe was killed on impact.
No other injuries were reported.
The right two lanes of the ramp were closed, creating heavy delays on I-85 northbound, before all lanes were reopened before noon.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Troopers: 1 killed in crash on ramp from I-85 to I-485 in west Charlotte
- Myrtle Beach tourist snaps photos of sharks lurking feet from beachgoers
- Deputies looking for man accused of shooting, killing teen riding in car
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms could produce hail, small tornado threat
- Daughters find missing father's body in trash bag under SC home
© 2019 Cox Media Group.