GREENE COUNTY, N.C. — A North Carolina inmate was killed Saturday after a prison fight, officials said.
Investigators said Kevin Taylor Jr., of Mecklenburg County, was killed with a homemade weapon in a fight with another inmate at Eastern Correctional Institution near Greenville.
Authorities said the other person involved had non-life-threatening injuries.
Taylor was serving a five-year, five-month sentence for robbery with a dangerous weapon in Mecklenburg County. He entered prison on Jan. 1, 2019.
Investigators are working to figure out what led to the fight.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man killed, another hurt after shooting at east Charlotte apartment complex
- Coronavirus live updates: 5 more people die in Italy; 1,576 new cases in 24 hours
- Publix breaks ground on $400M distribution center in NC
- FORECAST: Sunny skies, warm temps pave way for rainy workweek
- 6-year-old girl hit by pickup truck while waiting for school bus in Lancaster County dies at hospital
© 2020 Cox Media Group