Local

Fire that burned Korean BBQ restaurant in South End started in vents

CHARLOTTE — Dozens of firefighters battled blazes in a South End restaurant on Saturday afternoon.

Charlotte Fire Department says they were called to Let’s Meat on South Church Street around 4 p.m. for a fire. Responding crews saw light smoke coming out of the restaurant when they got to the scene.

The restaurant will be closed until further notice.


It took a total of 34 minutes and 30 firefighters to control the fire. The department says no one was hurt.

After investigating, CFD says the fire began in the ventilation duct system by accident.

They say there was a property loss of $25,000.

This is a developing story; check back at wsoctv.com for updates.

(WATCH BELOW: 1 critically hurt after shooting in south Charlotte)