Local

7 dogs killed in electrical fire at north Charlotte home, firefighters say

CHARLOTTE — A large house fire that killed several dogs Wednesday night was caused by an electrical issue, Charlotte Fire.

Firefighters said they responded to Clooney Lane in north Charlotte around 9:30 p.m., where they found heavy fire coming from a two-story home.

Crews said they were able to get the fire under control within 30 minutes.

No injuries were reported but seven dogs died in the fire, according to firefighters.

Investigators believe the fire began accidentally. They said it was caused by an electrical issue and started in the garage.

The blaze caused $275,000 in damages.

The Red Cross is helping the family who lived there.

This is a developing story; check wsoctv.com for updates.


VIDEO: Three-alarm fire under investigation in Uptown, firefighters say

0
Comments on this article
0