MATTHEWS, N.C. — A pilot walked away uninjured after his small single-engine plane crashed Thursday evening in Matthews, according to officials.
The Federal Aviation Administration said a Cessna 150 flipped after landing in a field on Margaret Wallace Road near Wilgrove Air Park.
Officials said the pilot was the only person on board.
[Small plane with mother, daughter overshoots runway, crashes at Wilgrove Air Park]
“I don’t understand what happened. You just see a plane upside down,” said Ian McCluskey. “It's a little confusing, in front of a church."
Investigators will return to the scene Friday to determine why the plane went down.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Drivers stranded for hours after disabled FedEx tractor-trailer blocks I-85
- Second man accused of killing Charlotte Uber driver to face judge
- form Beachgoershuman chain to pull people out of water at Emerald Isle
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Woman robbed, raped after leaving club wants attackers 'caged like animals
Cox Media Group