CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. — All southbound lanes of Interstate 85 were shut down overnight near Concord Mills after officials said a person was hit and killed by a vehicle.
The pedestrian was struck just before 3 a.m. and Cabarrus County EMS confirmed that they died.
Troopers told Channel 9 that the man, who was not from around the area, was walking in a lane when he was struck by a bobtail trailer -- the cab of a tractor-trailer without the trailer.
No names have been released and troopers have not said if any charges will be filed.
All lanes of the interstate were reopened around 4:30 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SBI investigating deputy-involved shooting in Anson Co.
- Man hit, killed by vehicle on I-85 in Cabarrus Co., officials say
- Flames rip through popular east Charlotte restaurant overnight
- CMPD: 2 teens arrested after shots fired near officers
- CMPD: 19-year-old arrested after man shot in the neck in uptown
- 5 deputies suspended after Trump protester sucker-punched at rally
Cox Media Group