CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A 175-room hotel with an upscale flag new to Charlotte will be part of a larger mixed-use development underway now in SouthPark.
[ALSO READ: 'SouthPark Susan' given new court date months after harassment caught on video]
Beacon Investment Management Group, a Charlotte-based hospitality developer and owner, will build a proposed Hyatt Centric hotel at the Apex SouthPark site, at the corner of Morrison Boulevard and Sharon Road.
The redevelopment of that site, the former Sharon United Methodist Church, is being led by Charlotte-based Childress Klein and Ascentris, a real estate private equity firm based in Denver.
“(Hyatt Centric) is a unique product that we think fits really well into SouthPark because it (will be) so localized,” said Nish Patel, president of Beacon IMG. “The interior design, food offerings ... we think it’ll fit really well in SouthPark.”
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMS: Student shot after getting off school bus in west Charlotte
- Mark Harris uses emergency exit to evade reporters in uptown Charlotte
- Justin Timberlake spotted at popular Charlotte BBQ joint
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Source: CIAA tournament to leave Charlotte for Baltimore after 2020
Cox Media Group