MATTHEWS, N.C. - Police busted more than a dozen people during a sting operation, all accused of stealing from a Matthews Lowe's store.
Officials told Channel 9 that 14 people were arrested following a month-long investigation.
Detectives said there were so many thefts happening at the store on Township Parkway that they set up undercover officers to catch the thieves, using surveillance and more patrols.
Investigators said some of the suspects worked together, while others worked alone.
In total, 30 charges were filed, 69 outstanding warrants were served and nearly $6,000 worth of property was recovered.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Horrified NC mom watches son, boyfriend drown as rip current drags them out to sea
- 1 killed, 2 others injured when car slams into pole on I-77 in Huntersville
- Mom of 5 slain South Carolina children sobs on stand at ex-husband's trial
- FORECAST: Short term relief from humidity before heat wave rolls in
- CMPD: Man caught moaning, peeping through woman's bedroom window
© 2019 Cox Media Group.