CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Hawkers Asian Street Fare has spent the last week prepping for its Charlotte debut.
Contractors were putting the final touches on that 5,145-square-foot space at South End’s Design Center of the Carolinas complex earlier this week.
More than 70 employees have gone through a training boot camp of sorts, learning the ins and outs of the restaurant. That includes countless trial runs of dishes, test service and just learning the concept’s culture.
Those efforts will be tested when the restaurant officially opens Wednesday.
Hawkers has invested roughly $1.7 million into the space — its first restaurant outside of Florida.
Read more about what you’ll find at Hawkers — and check out photos of the restaurant and its food — here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- FOUND: Weather, terrain hamper efforts to rescue hiker on Blowing Rock trail
- SC lawmaker introduces new bill placing $75 bounty on coyotes
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- Deputies investigating after 2 men found shot to death in Alexander Co. home
- Five kids, ages 12-16, charged in shooting death of Nashville musician
© 2019 Cox Media Group.