HENDERSON COUNTY, N.C. — Kelly McGillis, known for her role in "Top Gun," was the victim in a stalking and assault case Friday when a woman broke into her Henderson County home, ABC affiliate WLOS reported.
McGillis came home around 9 p.m. to find a woman in her home. In a Facebook post, McGillis said a child was with the woman.
McGillis detailed in the Facebook post how the woman attacked her when the actress tried to call 911. The woman accused McGillis of stalking her on Twitter, McGillis wrote.
McGillis was able to drive away from her home and flag down another driver to get help.
"The thing that I feel really, really angry and sad about is the fact that she had a six-year-old girl with her who had to be a part of all of that,” McGillis said. “It's horrible. I can't even wrap my mind around that."
Laurence Marie Dorn is charged with second-degree burglary, misdemeanor larceny, misdemeanor stalking, assault and battery and interfering with emergency communication.
Dorn, of Illinois, was arrested and booked into the Henderson County Jail under a $60,000 bond, WLOS reported.
The girl is with the Department of Social Services.
CLICK HERE to read more from WLOS.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man with dementia missing from Charlotte assisted-living home
- Man killed, woman hospitalized in west Charlotte drive-by shooting
- 12-year-old girl on Go-Kart hit by 2 cars in north Charlotte
- UK leader David Cameron to resign after Brexit humiliation
- 'Top Gun' actress assaulted in North Carolina mountain home, officials say
Cox Media Group