CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The NBA All-Star Weekend is expected to bring thousands to the Queen City, but it will also lead to traffic and road closures.
Officials said near the Spectrum Center, Caldwell Street between Fourth and Sixth streets as well as Brevard Street between Fourth and Sixth streets.
Roads will also be closed at the cross streets of Trade and Fifth streets between College and David streets.
Works crews are expected to suspect bridge work on the John Belk Freeway Inner Loop, heading out toward Bank of America Stadium for some of the overflow traffic that is expected throughout the weekend.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Currys excited for 'mini family reunion' during All-Star weekend in Charlotte
- Employees nearly beat suspect to death after cell phone store robbery
- Police investigating reported sex assault, vehicle stolen near Winthrop University
- FORECAST: One more dry afternoon ahead of soggy NBA All-Star Weekend
- Final preps, road closures in place for NBA All-Star Weekend in uptown
© 2019 Cox Media Group.