FORT MILL, S.C. - Two teens have been charged after two 16-year-old boys were rushed to a Charlotte hospital after a shooting in Fort Mill Wednesday night, police said.
Authorities have charged Darrian Parker, 17, with attempted murder and a second 17-year-old with unlawful possession of a firearm.
The shooting happened around 8:15 p.m. at the Forest Ridge Apartments, near Highway 21.
Neighbors told police they heard gunshots and saw several people fleeing the scene that night, both on foot and in cars.
Shortly after, Fort Mill police said two 16-year-olds who were allegedly involved in the shooting showed up at two separate places with gunshot wounds and called for help.
Police responded to one victim in the Pump House parking lot in Rock Hill and the second victim in the Captain's Steve parking lot in Fort Mill.
The teenagers were taken to Carolinas Medical Center, but their conditions are unknown at this time.
Officials have not said what led up to the shooting.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Two 16-year-old boys rushed to hospital after Fort Mill shooting
- Argument in apartment parking lot leads to deadly shooting, police say
- Philadelphia police shooting: Gunman in custody after 6 officers shot, wounded
- 'It's not right': Uptown school to no longer offer free lunches to all students
- Girls of summer: Rowan Little League wins softball World Series title
© 2019 Cox Media Group.