BEECH MOUNTAIN, N.C. - The town of Beech Mountain has reduced the water crisis from water boil advisory and Level 5 restrictions to Level 2 Restrictions.
This means showers, washing dishes, and general water use is now permitted.
Officials said water levels have risen significantly, but not to the point of lifting all restrictions.
Residents are asked to keep water use to about 10 percent less than what you would normally use.
Officials said maintenance work was being done at the Buckeye Reservoir when the initial incident occurred which triggered Level 5 Restriction around the Thanksgiving holiday.
A diver went in late last Tuesday afternoon to finish work when his leg got caught. More than a dozen agencies were called in to help rescue the diver, who was not freed until 10 p.m.
The diver was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK.
People who violate the rationing orders could face penalties.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- State trooper who stopped speeding van helps deliver baby on NC highway
- Hundreds of flights canceled in Charlotte, nationwide as Midwest braces for snowstorm
- Deputy shoots man holding gun during domestic dispute in Iredell County, officials say
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Monday forecast outlook
- Cyber Monday 2018 deals: Amazon, Best Buy, Apple, Walmart and more
© 2019 Cox Media Group.