CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Sweet Lew’s BBQ is ready for business.
That Belmont barbecue joint opens at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
It’s located at 923 Belmont Ave., formerly home to an auto mechanic’s garage.
Lewis Donald and Laura Furman Grice are behind that venture.
The duo had considered a number of sites over the years, but they say the Belmont spot was appealing because of its small footprint and the neighborhood.
They restored the character of the former garage, adding new doors that access the patio. Murals that were on the property are now used as part of the exterior decor.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Who is McCrae Dowless, man who appears to be center of 9th District investigation?
- Police: North Carolina teacher had sexual ties with student
- Community petitions to allow father of slain Lumberton teen into US for funeral
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Moving photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog lying near casket
© 2018 Cox Media Group.