CHARLOTTE — A woman rented a self-storage unit in Ballantyne to gain access to steal from nearby units, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
The suspect, Jesse Crane, 33, is known to police because of her lengthy criminal record.
"After finding out that it actually happened, it kind of made me mad, to be honest with you," victim Mike Kendall said.
>> In the video at the top of this webpage, veteran crime reporter Glenn Counts asks police about the lengths Crane went to in order to steal from others at the SmartStop Self Storage on Ardrey Kell Road.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Thank God I’m alive’: FedEx driver survives 75-foot fall from Salisbury bridge
- Charlotte woman felt she had right to drop phone company, but says she was charged thousands
- De-icing truck strikes Allegiant Airlines plane on tarmac at Concord airport
- FORECAST: After snow burst, sunshine moves in ahead of weekend
- ‘They are my heroes’: Siblings save big brother after allergic reaction to ibuprofen
© 2020 Cox Media Group