STANLY COUNTY, NC - Specialty yarn manufacturer Cap Yarns LLC is shuttering its Stanly County facility this summer, relocating those operations to its headquarters in Clover, South Carolina.
Cap Yarns CEO David Roberts told the Charlotte Business Journal that the decision to close the facility at 424 W. 8th St. in Oakboro has been “understood” for some time. He expects the consolidation will make the company more efficient, productive and diversified.
Nearly 130 workers at the Oakboro plant will be laid off as a result of the closure.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD searching for suspect after woman attacked inside home during break-in
- Police: Teacher pulls gun during possible road rage incident in McDonald's drive-thru
- Source: Panthers owner wants MLS team in Charlotte by end of year
- FORECAST: Humidity stays in check as temps climb into 90s
- Democratic debate 2019: 5 memorable moments from Part 1 of the first debate
© 2019 Cox Media Group.