MONTEAGLE, Tenn. — Officials for Marine Week said a bus carrying about 40 Marines from North Carolina to the Nashville event caught fire along Interstate 24. No one was injured.
The Marine Week public affairs office said in a news release that the Marines safely got off the bus Monday following the fire near the southeastern Tennessee community of Monteagle. The cause of the fire wasn't immediately determined.
The Marines were heading from Camp Lejeune in North Carolina to the Marine Corps' largest annual public event being hosted this year in Nashville. It runs from Wednesday through Sunday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officials: Juvenile shot in bus parking lot outside Carowinds
- York County detective dies after dancing with daughter at her wedding
- High school football team sings national anthem when music doesn't start
- Man seeks mystery newlyweds after snapping stunning sunset photo
- Teen lifeguard found dead after apparent electrocution in community pool
Cox Media Group