MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — Two teenage girls died after authorities said they fell from the balcony of a beachfront hotel in South Carolina.
Myrtle Beach police Lt. Joey Crosby told news outlets that police were called just before 4 p.m. Wednesday and found two bodies at the Camelot By the Sea Hotel.
Download the free WSOC-TV app to stay informed on the latest breaking news.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge identified the girls as Daniela Alejandra Arriaza Flores, 16, and Amber Franco, 17, according to WPDE.
Both girls were students at Myrtle Beach High School. Online school district calendars show that school is on spring break this week.
More details on the deaths have not been released, including the distance that the girls fell. Crosby said authorities do not suspect foul play in the deaths.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Brookshire closed 'for duration of day' after wind brings down traffic lights
- Woman's death in Steele Creek being investigated as homicide, CMPD says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday morning forecast
- Temps dip, winds pick up after storms barrel through Carolinas
- Couple accused in killings brought back to Charlotte to face charges
- 19-year-old found shot to death at east Charlotte apartment complex
Cox Media Group