COLUMBIA, S.C. - A man has been killed and his wife and daughter severely injured in a boat crash on Lake Murray, according to the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
The State newspaper reports that Capt. Robert McCullough says the collision occurred at about 9 p.m. Saturday.
Chapin resident Stanley Kiser was with his family on a pontoon boat when they were run over by a speedboat, McCullough said. Kiser died in the crash while his wife and daughter were taken to an area hospital with "severe injuries."
Tracy L. Gordon was driving the speed boat that rode over the top of the pontoon boat, McCullough said.
Gordon has been charged with felony DUI resulting in death and two counts of felony DUI resulting in great bodily injury, according to McCullough.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Arrest made months after slaying of beloved Charlotte gas station clerk
- Toddler in critical condition after found in family's backyard swimming pool
- Man killed, wife and daughter severely injured in SC boat crash
- FORECAST: First day of fall won't feel like it; highs to climb near 90 degrees
- Still no arrests after 2 killed, 9 others injured in nightclub shooting
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.