Sometimes it’s hard to find the right words for mom on Mother’s Day.
She was the first one to know you existed. She fed you, burped you, found your missing sock and sat in the driving rain while you played soccer.
Are you really at a loss as to what to say about that woman?
To celebrate Mother’s Day, here are 16 quotes other people said about moms. Store them away in case you need a quick message to include in a card, or maybe a thought to inspire you to create a famous quote of your own.
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. – Robert Browning
- Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- A mother understands what a child does not say. – Jewish Proverb
- Nothing is really lost until your mom can't find it. – Unknown
- All I am I owe to my mother. – George Washington
- A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's. – Princess Diana
- A mother's hug lasts long after she lets go. – Unknown
- Life doesn't come with a manual. It comes with a mother. – Unknown
- The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. – Jessica Lange
- When you look into your mother's eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find. – Mitch Albom
- God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. – Rudyard Kipling
- A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place. – Amy Tan
- Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary — it’s an act of infinite optimism. – Gilda Radner
- Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. – Stevie Wonder
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. – Irish Proverb
- Sooner or later, we all quote our mothers. – Unknown
© 2019 Cox Media Group.