KURE BEACH - A viewer took video of a shark at Kure Beach Sunday night.
Lisa Michaels told Channel 9 there were several sharks swimming under the pier at the time this video was taken.
She and her boyfriend, Joseph Cash, were walking on the pier when they were alerted to sharks in the breaking waves.
She noticed a man running down the beach pulling a shark. She and Cash walked down to the shore.
Michaels estimated the shark to be between four and five feet long.
A King Mackerel tournament is also on the Kure Beach pier this weekend.
Two North Carolina beach towns have made moves to keep swimmers and anglers separated after a record-breaking number of shark attacks.
Multiple outlets reported the ordinance at Pine Knoll Shores would establish 10 beach accesses where fishing will be prohibited and marked for swimmers only.
The nearby town of Emerald Isle moved Tuesday to ban shark fishing until mid-September.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CRAZY VIDEO: Man drags shark back into ocean at Kure Beach
- Driver charged in crash that killed 16-year-old in Union Co.
- Crews recover body of missing swimmer from Catawba River
- No arrests made after father of 9 gunned down in Monroe
- CMPD: Man shot several times following fight in south Charlotte